If you use any part of the software or any resource of this webpage and/or documentation, you implicitly accept the copyright (see the Copyright).
If you publish any results obtained based on or with any help of SG++ or its documentation, you have to cite a corresponding publication listed at http://sgpp.sparsegrids.org.
Version 2.1.0, 2016/08/12
- We are modifying the preliminary combigrid module; therefore it is not included in this release
- Introduced C++11 features
- Completely restructured documentation of examples
- A lot more examples
- Improved build system
- Better unser instructions for build system
- More tests
- Clone method for Grids
- New learner functionality
Version 2.0.0, 2016/05/20
As we have retructured (and significantly improved) several of the interfaces, we switched to a new, major version. As we don't provide backwards compatibility, we list here the most important changes:
- Massive interface change in
sgpp::base from plain pointers to smart pointers and references (e.g., sgpp::base::Grid::createLinearGrid(), sgpp::base::Grid::getGenerator(), …)
- Consistent renaming of key functions in
GridIndex (e.g., sgpp::base::Grid::getDimension())
- Name change of global namespace from
- Major redesign of SCons scripts, change of SCons parameters, better diagnostic output
- Add support for Clang 3.8
- Overall improvement of the code quality due to fixed Clang warnings
- Removal of single precision support and of float_t
- Removal of MSVC++ support
- More unit tests
- Small changes and bug fixes in code and documentation
Version 1.1.0, 2016/02/24
- Improved code quality
- New combigrid package
- OpenCL data mining
- Improved Scons support
- Support for installation (scons install)
- More unit tests
- New optimization method (CMA-ES)
- Some refactoring in sgpp::optimization (may break compatibility)
- Test problems for sgpp::optimization restructured.
Finally, it's out there!
Please note that release version 1.0.0 contains a major restructuring. Interfaces have been redesigned, factory methods restructured, and a lot of improvements have been done.
Important changes that might cause side-effects in codes using previous versions include:
- There are entirely new parameters for compilation. Please see
scons -h for further information.
- Some of the Grid classes have been renamed. This affects especially the boundary-based grids. LinearBoundaryGrid is now the grid with the same discretization on the boundary as on the main axis.
Features of Release Version 1.0.0:
- Automatic check for requirements in SCons for compilation
- Full module support
- Release of further and extended modules (optimization, pde, solver, datadriven, …)
- Extended parallelization support
- New types of basis functions
- More documentation, especially on adaptive refinement
- And much more…
- Download: release_0.9.1.tgz
- Compilation support for auto detection of settings.
- Extended use of DataVector from Python.
- GridDataBase class.
- Download: release_0.9.0.tgz
- Provides everything that is necessary to use spatially adaptive sparse grids for interpolation, optimization, …
- Several types of piecewise linear basis functions
- Different boundary treatment
- Modified boundary basis functions
- Grids (handling, creation, modification, …)
- Hash-based grid storage